For many years, Mahoning Valley families have turned to the name they know and trust, Briarfield, for the finest in Rehabilitation, Elder Care and Senior Living.
What sets Briarfield apart is the personal involvement of Briarfield’s owners and top management in the day-to-day operation of our facilities. We strive every day, in every way, to give our residents the finest care available anywhere. And we get to know them on a personal level, so we’re aware of their individual needs.
From the moment you choose Briarfield for yourself or a loved one, an experienced employee will guide you through each phase of the Briarfield experience:
- In consultation with a physician, a personalized plan is developed for each Rehabilitation and Elder Care patient. The plan is designed to meet his or her immediate as well as future needs.
- Licensed therapists work closely with rehabilitation patents in daily sessions tailored to address their individual situation and move them forward through the recovery process.
- Our professional nursing staff is available for pain management, IV therapy, wound care or other specialized skilled nursing needs.
As the needs of our patients change, licensed social workers meet with them and their families to help them make the transition to the next phase. For example:
- If a Rehabilitation patient is being discharged, our staff will help with arrangements for home healthcare and equipment, and explain ongoing wound care and/or medication management.
- When Elder Care patients develop a need for more intense levels of care, we work closely with their families to gently accommodate them to the new level.
- When advanced directives such as a Living Will, Power of Attorney for Healthcare or Hospice Care are called for, a social worker helps the family members through the process.
At Briarfield, you can have complete confidence that you or your loved one will always have members of our staff personally involved in all aspects of care, and that your needs will always be met.